Information for Parents/Caregivers to Psychoeducational Assessment
Requesting a Referral
*Please note: Due to fluctuations in program intake and enrolment, we are no longer able to accept new referrals for CAIRS effective July 11, 2019. CAIRS is taking steps to enable us to address the needs of referrals currently on our waiting list.*
- Self/Parent referrals are accepted.
- All referrals will be reviewed by our team of professionals in CAIRS.
- Care will be taken to ensure client confidentiality is maintained throughout the entire referral and assessment process.
- Referrals will prioritized based on need and relative urgency of each set of circumstances.
- Individuals will be contacted within a two week period following the receipt of their completed referral form.
- If the referral fits within our scope of practice, individuals will be contacted and an appointment scheduled.
- In some instances, a decision may be made to not proceed with an assessment through CAIRS. The individual initiating the referral will be contacted to ensure the reasons for this decision are communicated.
- If the referral form does not fit within our scope of practice, an appropriate referral will be made.