Prior to her appointment into the faculty, Dr. Prytula held teaching, vice-principal, and principal positions in Pre-k-12 in this province. At the University, she continues to teach in the areas of educational finance, leadership, and organizational theory, commits to supervising masters and PhD students, and through her research and scholarship, strives to advance understandings of teacher learning, induction, learning communities, and educational leadership.
- Ph. D., University of Saskatchewan, College of Education, 2008
- M. Ed., University of Saskatchewan, College of Education, 2004
- B. Ed., University of Saskatchewan, College of Education, 1995
- B. Comm., University of Saskatchewan, College of Commerce, 1992
- EADM 422 - Leading Organizations: An Introduction to Leadership Theory and Practice
- EDUC 303 - Education in Society: Structures and Systems
- EADM 811 - History and Development of Organizational Theory
- EADM 812 - Educational Finance
- EADM 816 - Instructional Leadership for the Enhancement of Teaching
- EADM 884 - Policy Making in Education: A Critical Perspective
- ERES 820 - Action Research
- Organizatoinal Theory
- Educational Finance
- Contexts of Educational Administration
- Action Research
Service and Outreach
Professional and Association Offices and Committees Activity Outside University
- Chair, Management Board, Saskatchewan Educational Leadership Unit, 2016-present
- Premier’s Award for Innovation Review Panel, 2013-June 2015
Public and Community Contributions
- Welcome Address (in Mandarin), First International Symposium on Education, Internationalization, and Social Development, University of Saskatchewan and Beijing Institute of Technology, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, August 2017
- Board Member, Saskatchewan Prevention Institute, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, September 2013-September 2015
- Collective Bargaining Agreement Committee (USFA CBA), 2017-present
- President’s Representative, St Thomas More Tenure and Promotions Committee, February 2016, February 2017, February 2018
- Deans’ Executive Committee, July 1, 2015-2017
- Dean of Law Search Committee, June 2015-December 2015
Department and College Committees:
- Building Renewal Committee, July 1, 2014-present
- ITEP Renovation Steering Committee, Sept 2015-2018
- College of Education Undergraduate Associate Dean Search Committee, March 2015-June 2015
Theses and Dissertations Completed
- Press, M. (2015). The lived experience of nurse educators who are required to integrate clinical simulation scenarios into their teaching practice: A phenomenological study. [PhD] Department of Educational Administration, University of Saskatchewan.
- Howe, C. (2015). Examining the relationship between attendance and literacy amongst urban elementary students: An exploritory study intended for awareness and understanding. [MEd] Department of Educational Administration, University of Saskatchewan.
- Van Dyck, A. (2015). What propels helecopter parents? Parents' motivation for over-involvement in their children's higher education. [MEd] Department of Educational Administration, University of Saskatchewan.
- McTavish, P. (2015). Developing beliefs: A case study into a beginning teacher's understanding of parent engagement. [MEd] Department of Educational Administration, University of Saskatchewan.
- Stauffer, A. (2014). Sexual health knowledge and attitudes of a sample of Saskatchewan post-secondary freshmen. [MEd] Department of Educational Administration, University of Saskatchewan.
- Dollansky, T. (2014). Understanding and Supporting Rural Saskatchewan Beginning Teachers' Perceptions of Their Psychological Contracts: A Pathway to Flourishing in Schools. [PhD] Department of Educational Administration, University of Saskatchewan.
- Ingleton, T. (2014). Appreciative Voices on Leadership and Leadership Development. [PhD] Department of Educational Administration, University of Saskatchewan.
- Mamer, V. (2012). Generation Y Interns' Experiences with, and Perceptions of, Collaboration in Educational Settings. [MEd] Department of Educational Administration, University of Saskatchewan.
- Neumann-Boxer, C. (2012). Dialogue in Educational Organizations: An Exploratory Study of Dialogue and Shared Vision. [PhD] Department of Educational Administration, University of Saskatchewan.
- Weiman, K. (2012). Selected Teachers' Experiences in a High School Professional Learning Community. [MEd] Department of Educational Administration, University of Saskatchewan — National Canadian Association for Teacher Education (CATE) Master's Thesis Award Recipient.
- Norris, C. (2011). Living within Reform: A Phenomenological Study of the Lived Experience of Teacher Leaders in High Schools. [MEd] Department of Educational Administration, University of Saskatchewan — National Canadian Association for the Study of Educational Administration (CASEA) Haughey Master's Thesis Award Recipient.
- Press, M. M., & Prytula, M. (2018). Faculty experiences with integrating mandated high-fidelity human patient simulation (HF-HPS) into clinical practice: A phenomenological study. International Journal of Nursing Education Scholarship, 15(1).
- Ogenchuk, M., Hellsten-Bzovey, L., Prytula, M., & Spiggs, P. (2016). Sport, alcohol, and youth. The Sport Collection, 7(3/4), 1-13.
- Maipour, D., Prytula, M., & Moser, M. (2014). A classification of the verbal methods currently used to teach endoscopy. Medical Education, (14), 163-168.
- Hellsten, L.M., Preston, J.P., Prytula, M., Jeancart, D.P. (2014). Exploring the Experiences of a Small Group of Saskatchewan Neophyte Aboriginal Teachers. InEducation. (19,2) 2-14.
- Hajnal, V., Prytula, M., Cottrell, M. (2013). Enhancing equity for aboriginal peoples: Adult basic education on-reserve. Practice and Theory in Systems of Education, (8,2), 113-120.
- Prytula, M., Solheim, J., & Burgess, D. (2018). Computerized and compatibility-based pre-service internship matching: A five-year summary. Commonwealth Council on Educational Administration and Management (CCEAM) International Conference, Qawra, Malta.
- Burgess, D., Solheim, J., Chernoff, E., Prytula, M., & Newton, P. (2018). Computer-based models and simulations of schools for administrative decision-making: A Bayesian network approach. Commonwealth Council on Educational Administration and Management (CCEAM) International Conference, Qawra, Malta.
- Prytula, M. & Burgess, D. (2015). Distributed leadership and participative evaluation: Models for teacher and principal engagement [Liderazgo distríbuido y evaluación participativa: Modelos de involucramiento para docentes y directores en educación]. El Liderazgo Educativo en el Contexto de las Reformas Educativas Internacionales, Desafíos y Nuevas Posibilidades [Educational Leadership in the Context of International Educational Reforms: Challenges and New Possibilities], Chetumal, Mexico, November – Interleader & Universidad Pedagógica Nacional.
- Prytula, M., Burgess. D., & Solheim, J. (2015). Innovations from the dating scene: An analysis of internship matching data. 20th National Congress on Rural Education, Saskatoon, Canada, March 29 – 31.
- Prytula, M. (2015). Theory and practice of learning communities [Teoría y práctica de las communidades de aprendizaje]. Simposio Internacional: Liderazgo y Dirección de Organizaciones Educativas [International Simposium: Leadership and Direction for Educational Organizations], Guadalajara, Mexico, March – Interleader & Universidad Marista.