The Leadership in Indigenous Education and Organizations Cohort provides opportunities for current and aspiring Indigenous educational leaders to enhance expertise in aspects of leadership, governance and management of First Nation schools through enriched practical, research-based and theoretical course offerings relevant to contexts in which Indigenous educational leadership takes place.
Features of the Program
- Cohort model to create a vibrant and culturally affirming learning community and leadership network.
- Indigenous instructors and curriculum designed and co-taught with community-based Knowledge Keepers and other Indigenous experts.
- Courses tailored to the cultural, practical and theoretical interests of current and aspiring First Nations school, educational and organizational leaders.
- Flexible delivery model/blend of face-to-face and online classes.
- Potential to engage in research and create new knowledge specific to your community.
- International Study Abroad opportunities: Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, United States, China, Ireland, and Finland.
- Educational Leadership in First Nations Schools
- History of Canadian Indigenous Education
- First Nations Educational Governance
- Human Resources Management in First Nations Schools
- Indigenous Leadership within Interprofessional and cross jurisdictional contexts
- First Nations School Finance
- Education and Community Development in First Nations Communities
- Indigenous informed Research Methods
- Organizational Theory and Indigenous Educational Contexts
- Assessment and Data Management for First Nations Schools