for undergraduate students
Undergraduate students in the College of Education have the opportunity to explore the world while studying abroad or participating in an international practicum. Whether you are in the second, third, or fourth year of your program, there is an option for you.
Year 2 – Study Abroad
Earn credit towards your Bachelor of Education degree by studying abroad. Work with International Education Officers at the International Study Abroad Centre to discuss options and help you apply. You will also need connect with an academic advisor in the College of Education to discuss transfer credit and how equivalents will work to meet your B.Ed. program requirements.
Eligibility for Education Undergraduate Students
- Minimum of 70% average or higher (cumulative average)
- Have completed or are in the process of completing 30 credit units at the time of application. (The cumulative average must be maintained for the duration of the academic year when the credit units are completed.)
- Be registered as a full-time student prior to and throughout the duration of your exchange program.
- Have personal aptitude.
- Have available finances or qualify for some of our many scholarships and travel bursaries.
- Meet minimum Language Proficiency Requirement of the Host University, if applicable.
Year 3 – Exchange to University of Barcelona
Each year two students are selected to spend Term 2 (February to June) at the University of Barcelona in Barcelona, Spain.
If you are an undergraduate student in the College of Education and have completed a minimum of one year of full-time study (30 credit units) at the University of Saskatchewan, you may be eligible to apply for the University of Barcelona Student Exchange for Term 2 (February to June) in Barcelona, Spain.
There are no special requirements for U of S students. Students visiting the University of Barcelona from abroad need a minimum level of B2 (European level of languages) in Catalan, Spanish or English. It is assumed that all U of S students speak fluent English.
- U of S tuition
- Pending registration, maximum tuition will be 15 credit units of Category 2 tuition.
- No tuition is paid to U Barcelona.
- Student Fees (there may be student fees to the partner institution)
- Personal Expenses (miscellaneous)
- Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search
- U of S tuition
Year 4 – International Alternative Practicum
Have you ever thought about studying or teaching abroad? Here’s your chance to experience the best of both worlds by participating in an Alternative Practicum with ten weeks in a Saskatchewan school followed by six weeks in an international setting.
In 2018-2019 and 2019-2020, students traveled to Dalian, China to join the Maple Leaf Educational Systems' (MLES) Schools. MLES offers a high quality, international education to students in Elementary, Middle, and Secondary schools. The MLES Schools in Dalian, China teach the British Columbia curriculum. More information and school videos are available online.
About Dalian, China
Dalian is located at the southern tip of China’s Liaoning Province. Dalian is coined the “football city”—since it’s sometimes compared to Brazil, due to its intense love of soccer—and, alternatively, the “fashion city”—since Dalian hosts an international fashion festival every September.
- University of Saskatchewan tuition (15 credit units at Category 2)
- student fees,
- flights, and
- other expenses (e.g., personal expenses, meals, travel and medical insurance, etc.)