ESS professional development opportunities are a way for students to build up their portfolio, expand their knowledge on subjects related to teaching, and earn valuable credits towards their co-curricular record. There are also funded professional development opportunities for students to attend conferences. They complement the field experience program during a student's second through fourth years.
For a full listing of professional development events, check out:
Online Professional Development Platform Fall 2020
- Since classes have moved to remote delivery for the fall term so have our Professional Development (PD) Sessions!
- Our PD sessions will be facilitated through the WebEx platform that all USask students have access to through PAWS.
- Register for our specific PD sessions through Eventbrite. Follow the steps provided to access the ESS Eventbrite page.
- How to Sign Up for Online PDs
- PDs are offered in the early evenings Monday-Thursday, and Friday mornings and/or afternoons and some Saturdays. They can range anywhere from a couple of hours to full day workshops. For each PD you attend, you will receive a certificate of participation on your co-curricular record (CCR) to include in your professional portfolio.
- PD events range in price, but the vast majority of them cost only $4 with ESS membership or $6 without to attend. The events that cost more are priced higher to cover the cost of the amazing resources you will receive. If you have any specific questions regarding PDs, please ask a friendly member of the ESS, or email email@example.com.
- Remember to sign up before the registration deadline! Check out our ESS Facebook page for individual posters of the events and their corresponding registration deadlines.
Full refunds are given in the following cases:
- The event is cancelled by a PD officer.
- The event is rescheduled and you can’t go to the new time and date.
- If notice of cancellation is given to a PD officer 48 hours before event is to take place.
- Refunds will only be provided in the same semester of the PD or event.
Funding for professional development
In memory of Mr. Cameron Tkachuk (B.Ed.'94) former Education Student Society President, who taught math and physical education for five years.
The Cameron Tkachuk Memorial Professional Development Fund is offered semi-annually to provide financial support to assist B.Ed. undergraduates to attend professional development opportunities. The scholarship is valued at $600 each semester. The number of scholarships vary each year.
The application form is available online. Submit the form outlining the opportunity for which funding is sought and the benefit you will receive by attending along with the anticipated expenses. Please submit the completed form by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications for this scholarship are due November 1st and March 1st
Applications for this scholarship are due November 1 and March 1.