ITEP Community Based Programs
The Indian Teacher Education Program has been offering Community Based Programs since 1974. With over 40 years of community experience ITEP has been a trailblazer in the field of First Nation community based teacher education.
ITEP is proud to have offered our Bachelor of Education Degree in the following communities:
- Beardy’s & Okemasis Cree Nation- https://bofn9697.com
- Big River Cree Nation- https://www.fsin.com/agency-chiefs-tribal-council/big-river-first-nation
- Little Pine Cree Nation- http://www.littlepine.ca
- Makwa Sahgaiehcan First Nation- https://www.fsin.com/makwa-sahgaiehcan-first-nation/
- Onion Lake Cree Nation - https://onionlake.ca
- Poundmaker Cree Nation- http://www.poundmakercn.ca
- Thunderchild First Nation - http://www.thunderchild.ca
- Canoe Lake First Nation - https://www.canoelakefirstnation.com
- Battleford Agency Tribal Chiefs - http://www.batc.ca
ITEP is currently offering programs in the following communities for Term 1, 2019:
Aurora College – Treaty 8 Territory, Fort Smith, Northwest Territories *Currently Aurora College is not accepting applications for the fall 2018.
The Bachelor of Education Program at Aurora College is designed to provide, within the NWT, an opportunity for Aboriginal and Northern students to enter the teaching profession through full-time/part-time community and Campus-based programs. The goal of the program is to provide a uniquely Aboriginal and Northern culture-based teacher education program that will meet the educational needs of NWT students and schools. The Bachelor of Education Program is delivered in partnership with the University of Saskatchewan (ITEP), with the option of a Diploma exit after successful completion of three years of required courses. Year 4 of the program will only be available at the Thebacha Campus.
- Sakewew High School – Treaty 6 Territory, North Battleford, Saskatchewan *Currently North Battleford is not accepting applications.
- Kahkewistahaw First Nation – Treaty 4 Territory, Kahkewistahaw First Nation, Saskatchewan *Applications for Fall 2018 can be sent to the ITEP office on or before May 31, 2018. For more information contact Joy Starr, Education Coordinator, Ph: 306-696-3291, firstname.lastname@example.org or the ITEP (email@example.com) or call 306-966-7686.