On June 3, we were pleased to host a webinar with Dr. Jim Cummins, distinguished language researcher from the University of Toronto's Ontario Institute for Studies in Education. Over 200 were in attendance at this free event co-hosted with the Saskatchewan Teachers of English as an Additional Language (SK TEAL).
Dr. Cummins provided a wealth of resources for educators of multilingual students:
- Cummins PowerPoint Presentation June 2021
- Q&A - Webinar June 2021
- Cummins SK Handout June 2021
- Factsheet - Maximizing engagement among multilingual students
- Cummins 2020 Canadian School-based Multilingual Education Initiatives
- Cummins 2020 Teaching Multilingual Students general version
- Cummins literacy engagement White Paper Pearson Education
- Cummins Multilingual Educator 2020
Post Degree Certificate in English as an Additional Language Education
The College of Education offers training for teachers seeking specialized knowledge and professional certification in the area of EAL education. This is the only program of its kind in Canada tailored to PreK-12 teachers.
Fall/September Start Date – Application period: May 15 to August 1
Winter/January Start date – Application period: September 15 to December 1
Spring/May Start Date – Application period: Jan 15 to April 1